Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Fantasy Football

Just a few years ago, the only NFL football player I knew was Marcus Allen, and the only reason I knew of him is that I met him once at a holiday party for Commerce Bank, where I worked as a financial service assistant. I have this photo of proof. I'll never forget the day because he approached me at the party, extended his hand to me and said, "I'm Marcus Allen." As if I didn't know! Well, ok, so maybe I wouldn't have known if it weren't for the fact that it was widely announced at the bank that Marcus Allen, our newest spokesperson, would be at our holiday party.

Marcus Allen and a younger version of me.

Today, I'm a crazed Fantasy Football fan!

Do you see that screen capture of the scoreboard? My team, The Two Two Sevens, is in second place after a major whipping of Jim A's Assasinators, and has the same record (7 - 3) as the league leader, Shocker's Revenge. This probably won't last long, so I'm going to enjoy it for this one week.

The scoreboard for Week 10!

I'll be honest here. This is absolutely dumb luck. Every Sunday, Monday and now Thursday, as I'm glued to tube, I'm asking all kinds of questions. What's a tight end? Why do they call him that? What's a duck? What's that flag for? Basically, I have a lot to learn about the game of football. So, when it comes to Fantasy Football, I'm definitely a rookie.

This honest assessment, however, doesn't keep me from celebrating the fact, for example, that my week 10 pick-up of the Carolina defense gave me 21 points compared to my benched Chicago defense which would have had 3 points! The decision to bench Chicago and pick up Carolina was a conscientious decision.

Next week, I play Shocker's Revenge, which has stood at the top of the league since the beginning of the season. He's got a great line-up, and the match-up is in his favor. Maybe luck will be on my side again. That would be trouble! Two weeks at the top? I might start thinking I know what I'm doing.

2 Comments:

Blogger Nanay said...

Hi! Jackie You Look Cute!!!

November 12, 2008 at 4:45 AM  
Blogger Jackie said...

Goodness, that picture of me with Marcus Allen was over ten years ago!

November 12, 2008 at 3:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home